Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tuna

 Tuna fillet
 Could this be the Yellow fin tuna?
Tuna fillet..good meat to eat raw dipped in soy sauce & wasabi


After a visit to Porky Shop,we went to the Emart Fish market. As I was on my way out,I saw this fish,one that I always see on tv but never in real life. I stopped by the stall &  asked the fish monger if it was what I thought. Yes,it's tuna fish. I never came across this fish at the fish market. Maybe you have but that was the very first time I saw tuna being sold here,not even at the cold storage.I was afraid to ask how much after hearing the Japanese were paying thousands of yen to get a tuna fish. Anyway,curiosity got the better of me so I asked the fish monger how much it cost.

Cheap! Cheap!said the fish monger...the tuna costs RM16/- per kilo only.She even mentioned if I were to eat tuna at a Japanese restaurant in town(she mentioned the restaurant),it would cost you @RM50/-per serving. This one ONLY RM16/- per kilo. Okay Okay,give me 1 slice only lah,I said to her. She calculated...RM11/- only..you see,so cheap!she ended. Yes, I bought a slice costing me RM11/- & I had it thinly sliced to make shashimi tuna.

2 comments:

  1. apu ney bidik mat nuan ia ga murah - enda kala2 bisi tuna ba miri dia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nya meh dara,baru iya meda ikan tuna jual ba market..iya ga fresh. Nyamai asai isi ikan nya di goreng.

    ReplyDelete